Hunt Valley Pharmacy provides a full complement of services to patients throughout the Baltimore area. Pharmacist Brian H. Trentler and his staff can assist patients by providing new prescriptions and refills, as well as customizing medicines to meet specific needs through compounding.
New and refilled prescriptions can be handled by phone, in person or on our secure website.
Options for delivery include:
- Pickup at Hunt Valley Pharmacy
- Delivery to a home or group facility
Help for people in hospice care
We work with several area hospices to meet the special needs of patients undergoing hospice care.
We have the ability to make the following types of compounds for hospice patients. They include:
- Narcotic concentrates for sublingual administration
- Transdermal gels
- Concentrated capsules
- Creams and ointments
- Anesthetic/healing mouth rinses
- Rectal rockets (shaped suppository for long-acting treatment of hemorrhoids)
Transdermal pain gels
We compound transdermal pain gels for the treatment of various conditions such as:
- Joint and muscle pain
- Post Herpetic Neuralgia
- Neuropathy (diabetic)
- Neuropathic pain
Neuropathic pain can be the most difficult pain to treat. It is often treated with “polypharmacy” which can be a plethora of medications often causing unwanted side effects.
Through the use of topical/transdermal pain gels we can apply the medication directly to the painful area, virtually eliminating systemic side effects.
As always, we do require a prescription from a licensed practitioner.
Hormone Replacement Therapy
NATURAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
“Meeting each woman’s individual needs.”
As with all custom compounded prescription drugs, Natural Hormone Replacement is compounded to meet each woman’s special needs. We have the ability to compound the following combinations and types of hormones.
- Natural Progesterone in creams, capsules, and drops. (Micronized Progesterone)
- Natural Estrogens in creams and capsules. We compound Tri-est (Triple Estrogen), Bi-est Containing combinations–estriol, estradiol, and estrone.
- Natural Androgens in creams and capsules.
As with all prescription drugs, a valid prescription is required for each order.Please feel free to call or have your physician call with any questions that may arise.
Dosage Forms Available:
- Concentrated Oral Pastes in syringes
- High Potency Capsules
(Used when only human med is available with need for multiple capsules)
- Dosage Reduction
- Concentrated Oral Pastes
- Flavored Suspensions in flavors such as beef, chicken, or triple fish–also available in concentrates.
- Compounding oral Capsules for various applications
- Compounding medications for currently unavailable medications: i.e. Potassium Bromide Capsules
- All medications and services are tailored to meet the individual need of your pet!!!
Please complete the form here. Make sure that you enter specific requirements in the “Comments” box. One of our Staff will respond to you as soon as possible.
Please feel free to call whenever you have a question or comment.